FraudNet – APCI PAY Online Bill Paying Service® Detection & Prevention
FraudNet provides improved fraud prevention capabilities by analyzing daily bill payment transaction data, comparing the data to suspicious fraud scenarios and by examining the APCI PAY user's behavioral patterns.
Examples of APCI PAY transactions that could trigger a fraud alert are:
- Suspicious or unusual transactions that do not conform to the APCI PAY user's usual payment behavior
- Payment amounts that are large or uncharacteristic
- Payment frequency (making three or more transactions to the same biller in a 30-day window)
- Payment exceeding the thresholds built around payment averages for specifically targeted industries
- Payments added to billers in the last 30 days
- Payments made to accounts with a negative history, including: Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, biller account numbers and email addresses
When fraud is suspected, our experienced representatives can hold processing of suspicious payments until the transaction can be verified as fraudulent or authentic and they may contact you with questions. You may be asked to verify your name and address and will never be asked to provide your Social Security number.
If you have any problems or questions call Customer Service at 1-888-918-7441 or send us a message through our secure online contact form.Go to main navigation